For school work

Sunday 9 April 2017

Reflection

At the start of the course, I have set two objectives I aimed to achieve. The first objective is to learn to better understand other people, and I feel that it has been achieved. In this course, I learned how to actively listen to the person I am talking to. I applied active listening when I was having a conversation with my mother and learnt more about her feelings towards the subject we were discussing. When conversing with her, I involved myself by responding to her and tested my understanding my asking questions. I made sure that I did not interrupt her nor change the subject to let her know that I was interested.


The second objective is to be able to communicate my thoughts and ideas accurately and clearly.  I feel that it has not been achieved to a certain extent. I learned how to develop competence in emotional communication before an emotional display, however I still find it a little tough to follow the steps. There were a few times where in lab classes, the lecturers would comment on my lack of participation in fabrication. It did not quite matter to me in the beginning because I knew that I was helping my team members well. However, I felt frustrated every week because they kept “picking on me”. I was not able to own my feelings and let them get the better of me. Nonetheless, I am able to analyse the situation and think of possible consequences. I will learn to manage my feelings and make sure that I do not react immediately to other’s comments. I will learn to pause and reflect before I convey my thoughts clearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment